- December 2011 - I have received several awards from the university and the department for my supervising activities.
- November 2011 - My students have received first and third prize at this year's scientific student conference. Andor Kovacs has even won the best paper award for his work on a GPU extension for RapidMiner.
- October 2011 - Our paper on spike sorting has been accepted to Journal of Neuroscience Methods.
- October 2011 - Talking about Big Data and Hadoop at a Kitchen Budapest workshop and at the Open Source BI conference.
- September 2011 - Keeping university lectures and exercises on RapidMiner and RapidAnalytics.
- September 2011 - Attending ECML PKDD 2011, the top European conference on data mining.
- July 2011 - Presenting at the CogInfoCom conference and attending COLT 2011.
- June 2011 - I am the first Hungarian who became a Certified Rapid-I Analyst for RapidMiner 5 and RapidAnalytics.
- June 2011 - Presenting Radoop in Dublin at the RCOMM 2011 conference.
- May 2011 - Moving back to Budapest after a 5-month scholarship in Prague. Thanks to the NIT group and the Visegrad Fund for the opportunity.
- April 2011 - Radoop, our Hadoop - RapidMiner integration project was accepted for presentation at the RCOMM 2011 conference.
- April 2011 - Two accepted student papers are online, one on Hadoop and Hive measurements, one on benchmarking gesture recognition.
- March 2011 - Having five papers under review. Moving to Prague again for a neuroscience project until the middle of May.
- February 2011 - I am giving lectures in the new Business Intelligence MSc specialization in English, covering topics of data visualization and recommender systems.
- January 2011 - We are finishing a journal paper on spike sorting in Prague, and then I am moving back to Budapest for two months.
- November - December 2009 - University presentations and tutorials about RapidMiner.
- November 2009 - Presenting at AmI-2009 conference.
- October 2009 - Giving a talk about RapidMiner at the Open Source BI Conference, and keeping a data visualization workshop at Kitchen Budapest. You can reach my Prezi presentations here and here.
- August 2009 - Writing a survey about data visualization softwares and trends.
- August 2009 - My next paper about activity recognition was accepted to AmI-2009.
- June 2009 - Presenting a poster about activity recognition at FuturICT 2009.
- March - June 2009 - Keeping data visualization workshops in Kitchen Budapest, and working on visualization projects.
- March - May 2009 - Giving university lectures about recommender systems and gesture recognition.
- January - May 2009 - Working on stock exchange trading strategy optimization projects.
- November - December 2008 - I am giving university lectures and exercises about RapidMiner and other open-source data mining tools.
- November 2008 - I am keeping a half-day workshop on data visualization in Kitchen Budapest. You can reach my ZUI presentation here.
- October - November 2008 - I am attending SAS business intelligence trainings in Budapest.
- October 2008 - I am attending Discovery Science and Algorithmic Learning Theory conferences in Budapest.
- September 2008 - I am presenting a poster at MobileHCI 2008 in Amsterdam about mobile gesture recognition.