About meI am a data scientist with several years of experience in various flavors of data science, like academic research, startup ventures, and large enterprise projects.
Currently, I am working on a big data analytics startup called Radoop that combines Hadoop and RapidMiner to make big data analytics easier to use.
Previously, I have been a data scientist at Secret Sauce Partners where we have created a patented technology for predicting customer behavior. Before that, I have been a data mining PhD student with the topic of pattern classification in time-series and collaborated with renowned scientists from Canada and the Czech Republic.
- September 2013 - I have started teaching a new course on Big Data and Hadoop at Budapest University of Technology and Economics.
- August 2013 - We have released Radoop 1.6 with tons of advanced analytics goodness.
- June 2013 - I have presented at the Budapest DW Forum about the challenges of Hadoop development.
- April 2013 - I got married and disappeared for the whole month. :)
- March 2013 - We have released Radoop 1.5 and I have presented at Hadoop Summit Europe in Amsterdam.
- February 2013 - We have moved into a new office with Radoop and Dmlab.
- October 2012 - I had a presentation at OSBI 2012 about Hadoop, Spark, Dremel, GraphLab, and other tools for big data.
- August 2012 - We have organized RCOMM 2012 in Budapest and it has been a great success with more than 60 people attending.
- July 2012 - Radoop 1.0 has been released and there is a huge interest in our products.
- June 2012 - We have a new journal paper accepted with Daniel Lemire on time series classification, and a conference paper with Andor Kovács at RCOMM 2012.
- May 2012 - My student, Andor Kovács, has received a second prize at the international POSTER 2012 conference.
- March 2012 - I am giving lectures in the Business Intelligence MSc specialization in English, covering topics of data visualization and web analytics.
- February 2012 - We have released Radoop 0.3 which is an easy-to-use interface for Big Data analytics and machine learning over Hadoop.
- More news from 2008-2011
- data mining, machine learning
- big data analytics
- data and information visualization
- human-computer interaction
- distributed computing